Sunday, March 2, 2008

Scrapbooking 201: Incorporate Rubberstamps into your Scrapbooks

Rubberstamping

I love rubberstamping in my layouts. There is so much versatility, since you can color match any of your images with your layouts. I also then can use my stamps to create cards as well. I get most all of my rubberstamps from Club Scrap, but there are a ton of sources for getting great stamps.

Supplies needed:
Rubber stamps
Ink pads

1. There is an art to rubberstamping. Basically the first step is to take your stamp and press it into the ink pad.
2. Firmly press the stamp onto the piece of paper. If it is a large stamp, make sure to put equal pressure over all the stamp.
3. Lift stamp and vola’ you are done.

Now for me stamping goes way beyond just one image many times. I like to use many colors of ink pads, same image OR maybe many images. Don’t be afraid to stamp over the top of a previous image, it looks great…you really need to just play around and practice with the stamps. I will use rubberstamps to:

1. Create entire backgrounds for a layout.
2. Create faux postage
3. Create titles and journaling.
4. Create single embellishments.
5. You can use one image and various colors of ink pads to make beautiful images.
6. You can rubberstamp on ribbon or twill tape
7. You can use Stazon ink and rubberstamp on acetate/transparencies
8. You can rubberstamp into wet cardstock and make faux looking leather pieces
9. You can rubberstamp into paper clay.
10. You can rubberstamp on tissue and adhere to candles (see project tutorials)
11. You can rubberstamp on dominos and make necklaces or magnets (see project tutorials)
12. and so much more….

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin