Monday, February 18, 2008

Project Tutorial - Altered Paint Can


Altered Paint Can

Supplies List:

Paint can (can buy new at hardware store)
Paint can opener
Pattern paper
Modge Podge
Glue lines/glue dots
Foam Stamps
Ink pad
Paint
Embellishments
Fibers/Twill
Alcohol inks

1. Cut pattern paper to fit your can to your liking.
2. Do any rubber or foam stamping now (i.e. the Title on the can) on your pattern paper before you adhere it to the can, makes for a better stamping surface.
3. I inked all the edges of my paper.
4. Now on my can I wanted a color coordinated twill and didn’t have any, so I used the same paint as I used for the foam stamping and painted the twill. Let dry.
5. Use a paint brush and apply a coat of modge podge - one section at a time – to the can, I also painted a touch of modge podge onto the ends of the paper – where it will need more glue to hold it down while drying. I then adhered the paper to the can, holding the edges down for a bit while the glue started to set up. I then repeated for the rest of the papers. Let this all dry.
6. I then painted a thin coat of modge podge over the top of the papers all the way around the can to finish it off. Let dry.
7. I used Glue Lines to adhere the twill to the can.
8. I used 1 inch glue lines in a couple of spots at the top of the can to adhere the funky fibers. I ran two strands of funky fibers to give lots of umph to them.
9. I used alcohol inks to color my can opener and hung it from the handle of the paint can.
10. I painted some small blocks using the same paint as above and adhere with glue dots to the top of the can.
11. I then tied off on one end, wrapped a bunch of fibers around the handle of the can, then tied off the other end.

Have fun!
Debbie Weller
A.K.A. DebDuzScrappin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin