Ohhhh I am so happy with how this turned out...I never really know how something I have envisioned in my head will turn out in real life, so I am always thrilled when it is pretty close to what I had imagined.
Cardstock (a rainbow of colors)
Butterfly stamps (3 sizes - ClubScrap)
dye ink pads
1. Choose 12 colors of cardstock varying from pinks, reds, yellow, oranges, greens, and blues in the colors of the rainbow.
2. Rubberstamp 12 large “Butterfly” (ClubScrap) stamps, 12 medium “Butterfly” (ClubScrap) stamps, and 12 small “Butterfly” (ClubScrap) stamps, one each onto the 12 colors of cardstocks in black ink.
3. Trim out the 36 butterflies.
4. Ink the edges (with complimentary colors of ink pads) of butterflies with a sponge.
5. Using a bone folder, score two lines on each butterfly along the ‘body’ of the butterfly. Slightly bend the ‘wings’ up.
6. Add pop dots to the body of the butterflies. I used either 1, 2, or 3 dots stacked on top of one another to give multiple layers of depth on the artwork.
7. Take frame, remove glass and adhere a black piece of cardstock to the frame backing.
8. Add the butterflies, attaching to the background black cardstock, as shown.
9. Embellish the butterflies with stickles. Let dry.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial - if you do, please leave me a comment - it helps me knowing that people are reading these tutorials and want to see more!!
Thanks for stopping by! Deb