Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gift - Minecraft Sword

Minecraft Fans check it out....

My kiddo was beyond thrilled with this 'sword' we made for him for his birthday.  Now my youngest, who helped me make it, wants us to make him one too.  But of course, so we can have dueling swords in the house!

Supplies:
Foam core board
pencil
ruler
Paint (5 colors - 3 shades of blues, 1 brown, 1 white)

I printed out a photo of the minecraft sword and just counted the number of pixels and recreated it using 1 inch square for each pixel.  So the total length is 16, and at the widest part is 8 pixels.

1.  I marked up the foam core board with pencil and ruler at 1 in increments up and down and across.  Then I started marking squares so I would know which color goes in what square and used and exacto knife to cut the sword out. 

2. I repeated the pencil markings on the back side, since I needed to paint both sides.

3.  Then you can paint.  We started at one end and used a heat gun (carefully) to hurry up the drying process.


The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

1 comment:

  1. Deb this is super! My hubby and daughter Shannon love MineCraft! This is such a great project and love how your son is doing the decorating!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin