Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Club Scrap's Literature kit Blog Hop

Literature Blog Hop!!

Today I am working with Club Scrap's Literature kit.  I made a mini album that contains 3 different sets of accordion album pages in different lengths.  It is kind of a crazy lil book with pages going everywhere. This is a perfect kit for this little album which is am calling 'My Favorite Books".  I printed out the Book covers from a bunch of books I have recently read and loved!!  Each album page has a different 'roof line' creating sort of a 'cityscape' with all of the pages - I think it turned out really cool.  I think my end game with this is - I am going to leave this as Abandoned Art at my local library.  I mean I can't think of a better place for it.  



Supply List:
Cardstock and cut out from ClubScrap Literature kit
Rubberstamps
Ink
Ribbon

Instructions:
1.  Cut a 12x12 into 4x12 strips - creating 6 of them.
2.  Score each panel at 3.5in, 7 in, and 10 in - fold on score lines.  Create 3 sets of accordion pages - (1) single (2) 2 panels adhered together (3) 3 panels adhered together:
 3.  Create binding - cut cardstock 4x12 - score every 1 inch. Fold accordion:
 4.  Create a jillion little "house" panels to attach to the accordion album.  I printed out the book covers and adhered to the houses.


5. Once you have all of the 'houses' on the panels - adhere the 1st page of the panels to the accordion fold.  

6. When I did it - because I was having a big chunk of accordion pages in the middle of the book - I skipped a few folds on the binding to provide room for the accordion pages.  
 7.  On the front/first set of accordion pages - on the first four panels I trimmed them down - each by 1/2in as shown:

 8.  I then cut out sections of the panels as shown, I then added 'fence posts' to these panels:
 9.  Here is the back of the book, where I added ribbon (as a tie closure) I added a large panel on the back to cover up the ribbon adhered to the back of the book.
Here is a number of views of the final project.  It is a very large stretched out project, hope the pictures are able to show you the complexity of this fun project.







 This is the final little package that I will leave at the library for some lucky person to find!!

Thanks for stopping by...now for more great stuff -


go check out Cheryl's blog hop project!!!
Or if you want to start at the beginning,
go check out Club Scrap!!!

The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin
 photo Artistteambadge_rsz_zpsee8cbeff.jpg

16 comments:

  1. OMG, someone is going to be so happy finding your project. It indeed turned out amazing.
    You come up with such creative ideas. So where is this library......! I guess i have to make my own. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love the rooftop pages! The library would be lucky to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and interactive book Debbie!!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome - just awesome and I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How intricate! I love the complexity. Some lucky person is going to be VERRRY happy to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie your accordion book is Absolutely Beautiful!!!! What a neat way to do your accordion style pages. Love how they are roof tops!!! That is also a neat idea to leave it at your local library! Sweet!!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the shapes of the different buildings, I think this would also look great for a vacation book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely fantastic. And crazy. And cool. The person who finds this is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun project! Someone will be very lucky to find it "abandoned".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, can't believe you're going to leave it for some lucky smuck to find! How cool. Such a cool project, I've always wanted to make something like this, but mine wouldn't be this cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh this is so awesome. Lots of fun detail here and you are leaving it for just someone to take!!! Where! ?!?! I will come and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to find your library! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous book! So very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, just WOW! That is some project, Deb! Keep us posted if you hear (heard) back from the "winner."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin