Monday, May 30, 2016

ClubScrap May Artist Team Challenge Blog Hop

MAY ARTIST CHALLENGE

The May challenge is to incorporate metal or faux metal elements to embellish your pages, cards or other projects. We could use punches, die cuts, or other techniques to create them. 
Today I created this great box with a drawer for holding my finger sponges...I have a lot of them!!

Start by adhering mat board strips to a mat board base.  I made the walls 2 inches tall.

Create a drawer that fits perfectly inside the box.  I made the walls 1.75in tall.

Create a front for the drawer, cover matboard with pattern paper and metal embellishment and knob to allow for easy open and closing of drawer.
 I painted the edges of the mat board with black paint.  Then I adhered pattern paper to the outside of the box.

Here is all my finger sponges in the box.

Now I created the box top.  I put cut out images and letters onto the top of the matboard:

 Cover with metal foil tape and use bone folder to emboss foil around images/letters:

Use alcohol inks to ink the foil tape.  Then I used a little bit of black acrylic paint and rubbed around the images with my finger, this makes them pop a little more:






So now go check out LILIAN's project next!!!

The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin
 photo Artistteambadge_rsz_zpsee8cbeff.jpg

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful box, Deb and wonderful to have such a good use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for your finger sponges! A beautiful box to hold them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with that box! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! Love that you made it entirely from scratch. A beautiful way to store your sponges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project! Love that you made it entirely from scratch. A beautiful way to store your sponges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool storage box! Love it!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love alcohol inks on metal! What a great look! I absolutely love what you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE the alcohol inks on the tape. They add wonderful color! Beautiful box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I.Absolutely.LOVE.This!!! I know what my first papercrafting project is going to be this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I.Absolutely.LOVE.This!!! I know what my first papercrafting project is going to be this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent, the result is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great box for storage! Love love love the look of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL and functional! My favorite kind of project. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL and functional! My favorite kind of project. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic box!! Can you send one over here?

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I love this box! It looks like a real metal box-amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE this box. The colors and rustic look is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I love that cover so much! Hmm, I still have a Boxed Mini kit from an old retreat. This would be a cool cover for that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin