Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project - Valentine's day suitcase

So I wanted to make a box to hold a couple of different valentine's for a friend of mine.

So for this little project, I altered a cereal box. I first taped the box closed and then cut the front panel so it would open up.

I then took pink cardstock and used all sorts of stamps (from the ClubScrap FIZZ kit) to decorate it. I then modge podged all of the stamped cardstock onto the box.

I then cut some strips of purple cardstock to wrap about the box. In addition I used my nestibilities dies to cut corner pieces, hopefully giving it more of an old fashion look.

I also cut some pink nestibilies and created the 'buckles' on the front.

For the closure, I just punched two circles, attached to the case with brads, and used string (that I inked purple) to wrap around the fastners.

Thanks for stopping by...



The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

1 comment:

  1. ahh, i completely covered my box first, now i gotta try and cut the flap open on one side. I like that idea to open and keep it closed with the string. i may do that with the preschoolers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin