I created this album for my dad for Father’s Day – I still need to add photos, but I figured I would wait until closer to June to add the photos. The majority of the supplies used in project are from ClubScrap.com.
* “tie” template
* Coordinating Cardstock, apprx 12-14 pieces 8.5x3
* Zutter Bind-it-all binding machine (or you could improvise and use a hole punch)
* Metal binding for Zutter – just a 6 prong section (cut with wire cutters)
* Fibers & Ribbons
fathers day tie album
1. Start by creating a template of a “Tie”. Take a piece of white cardstock 8.5x 3 – ensure that you keep the top at the widest part of 3 inches – this allows for the binding to fit perfectly with 6 holes. Just pencil in one side of the Tie, bend the paper in half lengthwise and trim out. This will give identical shape on both sides of the tie. If you don’t do this – then you will have to be cautious in trimming out your tie, so that you can adhere them back to back.
2. Trace the Tie template onto 12-14 pieces of 8.5x3 patterned cardstock.
3. Adhere 6 of the trimmed out “ties” back to back. Using the extra “ties” that you trimmed out – ‘decorate’ your ties by cutting various pieces parts, punching, or cutting out cardstock embellishments for the Tie.
4. Once the Ties are fully decorated. Cut/Punch holes in upper “neck-line” edge using Zutter.
5. Insert ‘ties’ into the metal binding and bind with machine.
6. Tie fibers and ribbons onto the metal binding.
7. Add embellishments, stickers, and photos.
Good luck and have fun!