Thursday, June 13, 2013

Minecraft cake!




Don't think I ever posted the photos of the Minecraft cake I made my kiddo for his birthday - He said it was his BEST CAKE EVER - that is a pretty cool thing to hear from the kid!  All his friends were more than impressed.  They inhaled the cake too!

I used a white cake mix, prepared as package directed.  Split into two bowls, colored one yellow, and one blue.  Poured into loaf pans and cook as directed.  I then make a carrot cake.  Once all the cakes were cooked, and cooled, I then trimmed them down and cut them into squares/cubes.  The blue cubes were water, the yellow sand, and the carrot dirt.  On the dirt, I piped green (cream cheese) frosting for "grass".  I have posted a before and after pic.  I then went online and found a bunch of different print outs for making 3D paper characters.  Which I printed, cut out, folded and glued and then added to the cake for decorations along with the candles.

The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

3 comments:

  1. Deb, this is awesome! Love how you used Papercraft Mine craft figures on the cake! We also have that app and I am usually in charge of creating this fun little figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, Deb! your kids are lucky to have such a multi-talented mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cake Deb - I can just imagine the kids absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin