So this weekend I was holding a garage sale and in order to not waste time - I opted to make earrings while sitting and spending my time dealing with yardsalers... I wanted to also display the earrings that I made and if people wanted to buy a pair they could, but these earrings are really going to be my Abandoned Art gifts in the end.
So Friday night I wanted to quick make up a rack to hold the earrings. I started out with a plain jane wooden serving tray (from like Joann's).
Wooden Serving Tray
Club Scrap Papillion kit
Screen (like used in a screen door - from Home Depot)
1. I painted the tray white and let it dry.
2. While the tray was drying, I rubberstamped butterfly images, from ClubScrap's Papillion kit, onto tissue paper and trimmed them out.
3. Once the tray was dry, I modge podged the butterflies onto the tray and let them dry.
4. I then adhered patterned paper into the inside of the tray.
5. I used self stick mosaic tiles (from the Papillion kit) and ran them along both insides of the tray on the 'walls' of the tray.
5. Lastly I cut a piece of screen mesh to wrap around and staple to the back side of the tray.
The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap.