Sunday, August 28, 2011
Soooo with all the jewelry I have been making, I decided I needed someplace to put it all. So I went out and purchased a 10x14 photo frame to convert into the jewelry organizer.
Paint (teal, purple)
aluminum screening material (Home depot)
1. Paint wooden frame with white gesso. Let dry.
2. Paint about a 4-5 in. section with teal and then next section in purple, leaving just a small sliver of white showing between the two colors of paint. Let dry.
3. Remove glass and mat board from frame. Cover mat board with patterned cardstock.
4. Cut 1/2 inch strips of matboard and adhere along each of the four edges.
5. Cut a piece of aluminum screening mesh the size of the mat board. Staple to the 1/2 in matboard pieces.
6. Insert back into frame. On mine - some of the 1/2 in mat board pieces where showing, so I adhered ribbon around all four edges.
7. Measure and mark a dot 1 inch apart all along the lower edge of the frame. Drill small starter holes and then screw in cup holder hooks into frame. I also added 2 hooks along each of the sides.
The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin