Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Card - Flower Pot (version 1)

So I had a very dear friend and co-worker who was retiring from work and I wanted to make an extra special card for her.

I had seen these style of cards various places around the internet and thought they were beautimus.

So I just cut up a flower pot that folds from the bottom and you glue along the right and left sides, creating a pocket from the top.

Then cut a panel that fits into the pocket but that sticks up out of the pocket about 2 inches. I trimmed the top of this panel into a triangle. If you panel is too skinny, add a larger triangular piece to your tag at the top - this is where you will attach your flowers and greenery.

I cut about a 2 in piece for the top of the pot and punched with edge puncher, added ribbon. I also die cut a tag (sizzix die) and stamped my sentiment.

Then I created my flowers using 3-4 flower punches from 3 different punches. Making sure to bend, curve, pinch and or trim edges to give them real dimension. I put them all together with a brad and attached to the tag. I used the 3 leaf petal from a sizzix die for the greenery.


The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin