Monday, March 16, 2009

Project Tutorial - Conversation Starters

How fun is this idea? I had been researching ideas for helping my kids learn more and ran across an idea of having "family dinner conversations" to discuss everyday events. Well that got my mind going - I thought why not more than just everyday events? Throw in a few odd facts, in sort of a "did you know...?" format, ask common everyday questions, etc. So I did an indepth search on the web to come up with all sorts of fun things to get the conversation going.

The first night I brought it out at the table - the kids were SOOOOO all over it - they LOVE it and even hubby told me afterwards that it was a wonderful idea!! I think because the kids get to pick the cards out - they love being personally involved in that part and wanted to just keep doing card after card.

Supplies:
Small box (picked mine up at dollar store)
Patterned papers
Modge Podge
Embellishments (tags, brads, buttons, flowers, etc)
Cardstock (to print cards on)
Rubberstamps
Inks

1. Measure box and cut papers to fit, modge podge onto box using a foam brush. Let dry.

2. Add embellishements - I added a tag and paper flowers with brads on top, brads along lid edge, and buttons in lower right hand corner front.

3. Print out sayings, quips, questions, etc onto cardstock. Trim to fit in your box.

4. Rubberstamp the cards with various images, just to spice em up a bit.

If you want a copy of my Word Document that has the sayings, questions, etc - just leave a comment or email me and I will email you a copy.

Good luck and have fun!! Debbie Weller

4 comments:

  1. I love all of your ideas and I'm glad that you joined the blogger world !
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such great ideas.
    I love your blog !
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie!
    I LOVE your blog! So glad I found it. Could you please email me your copy of your word doc for the conversation starters?
    rfowler838@comcast.net
    Kindly,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie!

    I haven't visited your tutorial site in quite some time...before you transferred everything to Blogspot...that must have been a huge job...but THANK YOU for sharing your amazing creations so generously!

    I would love a copy of your conversation starters Word doc...no rush though, just when you have time. And thank you in advance!! :-)

    Beki Ward at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin