Saturday, March 11, 2017

Weathered Florals ATC - 2016 Retreat Swap

2016 Club Scrap Retreat ATC Swap


These are the ATC cards I made for the 2016 Club Scrap Retreat ATC swap.  I used "Weathered Florals" stamps from ClubScrap.   I created 3 different color versions of the same set of images.  My inspiration this year was from the 'rocks' I have been painting for leaving around town - we have a facebook group locally called "Kalispell Rocks" and folks paint rocks and 'hide' them around town or parks or wherever and other folks can find them - then post to the group a picture of them finding the rocks - the finder can then rehide or keep the rock, whichever they prefer.  Anyways I have been painting a ton of rocks and I really like the 'dot' technique for coloring in images - so I decided to rubber stamp the main images - and color them in with various shades of color as shown in the images here.  Its a super fun and simple technique - give it a try!!

To create the dots - you can use various tools - and sizes - here I used 3 different sizes of  embossing tools, just like these - this set I have has 6 different sizes.  But if you don't have these - you can you pencil eraser, end of paint brushes, wooden dowels, chopsticks, etc - pretty much anything pointy!!

I used acrylic paints to paint/color in the images with the dots.

Here I painted in various shades of green for the leaves:
The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin