Saturday, May 4, 2013

National Scrapbook day.....Club Scrap Blog Hop: Travel Art Kit.

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!  Welcome to ClubScrap's iNSD Blog Hop!!!

So I wanted to make a travel art kit.  Something really small that could fit in my pocket or purse.  Then when we are at a restaurant for dinner, or waiting for kids during karate, or even on my lunch break...I could doodle and do a small art journal...just a lil something to keep the creative juices flowing anywhere I may be....

I decided to also make one for a very dear friend, whom is always so busy she rarely has time to create, even tho I know she really wants to...maybe she, too, will find a lil time here and there to play and do something artsy to make her day a lil better creatively speaking and more fulfilling!!

I used numerous ClubScrap sentiment stamps - they have SO MANY super fabulous ones to pick from - to create these two projects -
For one of the tins, I used Spring Chorus kit and the other is Wild Flowers kit.

Each kit includes a little case (an altered tin from candy the kids received at christmas time, measures about 4.5x3.5) - in the case I have watercolor paints, paint brush, pencil, pencil sharpener, some water, and a spiral bound book of watercolor paper.  I cut the watercolor paper to fit the tin and bound them using my bind-it-all machine.


 Instructions:
1.  Started out by creating the little spiral ring watercolor paper sets, by cutting watercolor paper to size, then punch out the holes and bind with the bind-it-all system.

2.  I rubberstamped various images and sentiments and then watercolored the covers of the art journals.

3.   Then I took air dry clay and put a chunk into the tin that fills about 2/3rds the inside of the container, leaving space for the pencil, paint brush, water, etc.  I left about 1/2 inch deep.

4.  Then I used a little bottle to create the divots for the watercolor paint.
5.  Let this dry, it will shrink a little bit - then I pulled out, filled with paint, and then glued (using a hot glue gun) back into the tin.

5.  Next I cut cardstock to fit the tin, and rubberstamped images and sentiments on the front and back pieces.  I then modge podged the cardstock pieces to the tin.  Here is MY tin, this is the front side of it, I used papers from the the "Wild Flowers" Club Scrap kit:























Here is the back side of my tin:











Here is the tin for my friend, I used cardstock from "Spring Chorus" Club Scrap kit:

6. I also cut a 1/2 in wide piece of cardstock to run around the edge of the tin - I rubberstamped a sentiment on it and modge podged to the tin.

 I sure hope my dear friend likes her tin, can't wait to have my tin done and ready to travel with me...I look forward to future playtimes with it!!

Thanks for visiting my blog during the (inter)National Scrapbook day ClubScrap Blog Hop!


Wanna see some more great creative ideas using this month's Spring Chorus kit from ClubScrap???  Just check out the next participant in the Blog Hop, please visit Jill P. over at http://jmp1022.blogspot.com for more! 




The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin

25 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! What a cute and creative idea and a wonderful reuse/recycle project to boot! Love your creativity Deb. Thanks for the tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - this is a super idea! Gonna look for a small tin in my studio and make one! Thanks so much for sharing!
    donna k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man . . . that is SO cool. I love how you created the watercolor tray! You clever gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy NSD, Deb! I have to go hunting for a box now. This is such a cool project. Thanks for all the tips on how to create this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea and great gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tins are fabulous!!! What a great gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Deb! So clever how you created the tin, AND all the wonderful elements inside. Your friend will be thrilled! Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!! Beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little tin is GORGEOUS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful idea! I carry a small kit with these items but how fun to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tin! Love your creativity. I'm going to have to make one of these for my youngest daughter. Then she will have paints with her when we travel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the travel art journal idea, and the gorgeous tins you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, these are such great ideas! Does the watercolor paint dry? I imagine it does or it would leak. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT IDEA!!! Love your tins!!! Would be a great gift to artist friends!!!! Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project - where did you find the tins with little suitcase handles?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea for anyone with small children - without paint, just markers and pencils a great idea to take anywhere and whip out if the kids get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deb, This cute box is just the thing! I could see it outfitted for many different media. I love to do inchies. This would hold many items for this. I worked on inchies when I stayed with a friend for some surgery. The time flew.
    Thanks for being on the Hop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Deb! Your work always delights me and I do so appreciate your willingness to share! This project is fabulous! Inspired! I immediately know what friend of mine would love to have one! Looks like I'll be searching for the tins too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think these tins were just in the 'stocking stuffer' section at big box store during the holidays - they just had candy in them and once the candy disappeared, i swiped the tins and put them into 'maybe someday' box of pending altered art. YES the paint does dry, basically turns into like the dry watercolor kits the kids take to school, so a bit of water and they come back to life. Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a very clever idea, and love how you made the paint tray. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just amazing, Deb. You are brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very interesting. Love all that you have going on. The colours blend so well. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh I wondered what happened with the paint, very cool. Adorable tins as usual!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin