Welcome to ClubScrap's Monthly kit Blog Hop!!!So this month, ClubScrap's kit is "Hope" in lovely browns, tans, orange, cream and charcoal colors!! There is some outrageously funny sentiments on the unmounted rubberstamps which is the inspiration for my project today! I loved the sentiment that reads "Life is too short to remove the USB drive safely!" - I hate removing the USB drive 'safely' - drives me nuts, rarely IF EVER remove it properly, always just yank it out! Soooo I just HAD to create a piece of wall art to add to my new office wall with that sentiment on it!
Embellishments (gems, paper flowers, brads)
1. Cut Hopes 12x12 Handmade Woven Print to fit front of canvas. Adhere to canvas using Gel medium. Let Dry.
2. Ink edges of canvas using light brown ink.
3. Cut roughly 20 petals. I cut 4 petals from 5 different patterned papers from Hopes kit. Cut a half circle from gray cardstock for center of flower. Ink edges with light brown ink.
4. Adhere petals to canvas using Gel Medium.
5. Print out sentiment onto 2 colors of cardstock (light gray and cream).
6. Trim out words from sentiment and ink edges with light brown ink.
7. Figure out where you want the sentiments placed to evenly spread them down the side of the canvas along the flower.
8. Adhere the words to the canvas using Gel Medium, put the medium over the top of the words. Let everything dry.
9. Add various embellishments, the gems here and there as shown along with brads in the center of small orange paper flowers.
Thanks for visiting my blog during the ClubScrap Blog Hop!
Wanna see some more great creative ideas using this month's Cape Cod kit from ClubScrap??? Just check out the next participant in the Blog Hop, please visit Jill P. over at http://jmp1022.blogspot.com for more!
The majority of the materials used in this project are from ClubScrap. TFL DebDuzScrappin